Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Leos Imports and Distributors Pty Ltd (ABN: 26 006 238 928) of 121 Somerset Road, Campbellfield, VIC, 3061.
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are age 18 years or over. However, employees and their immediate families of The Promoter, Deoleo, Salmat Digital Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
- The competition commences on Thursday 1 November 2012 at 00:01 (AEDT) and concludes on Thursday 31 January 2013 at 23:59 (AEDT).
- The competition will be advertised on pack on Carbonell 4L tins of Extra Virgin, Pure and Extra light Olive Oils.
- To enter, participants must first purchase a 4L tin of Carbonell’s Extra Virgin, Pure or Extra Light Olive Oil. Then visit the website carbonell.com.au and register their details, including but not limited to full name, full address, contact phone number, email and receipt number (as a proof of purchase) to receive 1 x entry into the draw. All entrants must retain their original receipt as a proof of purchase in order to claim their prize if they are a winner.
- Entrants in the competition may enter as many times as they like providing that they meet all purchase requirements. Entrants will be required to produce the original receipt for each entry they submitted, if entrants are unable to produce the proof of purchase then their entries will be deemed invalid. Only one minor prize per person is permitted (SA residents are entitled to win more than one minor prize).
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity including store receipt for purchase requirement in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEDT) on Thursday 31 January 2013. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by Deoleo’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The Major Prize winner will receive 2 x VIP tickets to the 2013 Formula 1 Grand Prix event in Melbourne, valued at up to $2,500 (inc GST) and $1,000 spending money (awarded in form of a non-negotiable bank cheque) to be used towards flights and accommodation. The total maximum prize value for the Major prize is valued at up to AUD$3,500.
- The Formula 1 Grand Prix tickets are for the specified dates only and are for the 14th to 17th of March 2013. The major winner may not select the date and type of ticket as. The date and ticket type will be specified on the printed ticket and must be taken as is.
- The Minor Prizes are:
100 x Minor Winners will each receive a AUD$100.00 (inc GST) Woolworths
- Total prize value is up to = AUD$39,500.00 (including GST)
- Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash (unless where cash is specified).
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner including the travel cost to and from the events.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
There will be 1 x Major Prize drawn at the completion of the promotional period and 200 x Minor prizes awarded throughout. The Prizes will be drawn as follows;
Draw Prize Entry Period Draw date and Time Publication date (for prizes over $250 only) Minor Draw 1 50 x tickets to Warner Bros Movie World
50 x $100 Woolworths Gift Cards
01/11/12 at 00:01 (AEDT)
16/12/12 at 23:59 (AEDT)
Wednesday 9 January 2013 at 14:00 (AEDT) Wednesday 23 January 2013 Minor Draw 2 50 x tickets to Warner Bros Movie World
50 x $100 Woolworths Gift Cards
17/12/12 at 00:01 (AEDT)
31/01/13 at 23:59 (AEDT)
Thursday 7 February 2013 at 14:00 (AEDT) Thursday 14 February 2013 Major Prize Draw Formula 1 Grand Prix tickets. 01/11/12 at 00:01 (AEDT)
31/01/13 at 23:59 (AEDT)
Thursday 7 February 2013 at 14:30 (AEDT)
Thursday 14 February 2013
- If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- All winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing.
- Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- The Major prize must be claimed by 17:00 (AEDT) on Tuesday 19 February 2013 and if the major prize remains unallocated or unclaimed, a further draw will be conducted on Wednesday 20 February 2013 at 09:30 (AEDT) at the same place as the original draw (subject to any written directions given under all State Regulations). In the event of a re-drawn winner, the winner will be notified in writing within 2 days from the draw and will have their details will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian on Wednesday 27 February 2013.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw for any Minor Prizes will take place at Salmat Digital Pty Limited, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Friday 17 May 2013 at 11:00 (AEDT). The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw and will be notified of their prize in writing. Winners of prizes valued over $250 will have their details published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Monday 27 May 2013.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter, Deoleo, Salmat Digital Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
- Salmat Digital Pty Limited, on behalf of The Promoter, is collecting the entrant’s personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to Salmat Digital Pty Limited for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/12/05375, VIC permit no: 12/1615, ACT permit no: TP 12/02505, SA permit no: T12/1233.